Sunday Delights

We're enjoying a beautiful Sunday in Florida. We had perfect weather all weekend and were able to spend a lot of time outside enjoying it, and even when we were inside doing some housework we had the windows and the porch doors open to feel the breeze and listen to the birds. Saturday morning I had the last of my long training runs for the marathons, and after a 4:30 wake up call and a twenty mile run while witnessing all of god's glory in a beautiful sunrise over Newnans Lake, we had some brunch at Flying Biscuit, and I went home to relax and get ready for a Saturday evening wedding. I felt great after, which was very encouraging for the marathon.

We had a great time at the wedding saturday evening, though I was exhausted from my long day. We came home and went to bed without setting the alarm, and for the first time in a REALLY long time, I woke up naturally at 10:00 am. Who knew these long runs would make me so tired?! We took the puppies across the street for brunch at the Flour Pot Bakery, and we sat outside under an umbrella and leisurely enjoyed our Sunday morning.

After brunch we got going on our new home project, refinishing a cabinet and a side table in a shabby chic/french country motif. I can't wait to see the final project, though it will be another day or two, since we have to let each coat of paint dry 24 hours.

This afternoon, I also made a spice cake for my favorite father-in-law's birthday, and now we are relaxing on the couch doing my favorite thing in the world post-baking...licking the bowl!

IMG_6690

Spice Cake recipe to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment