Almond Sugar cookies

Our local french bakery makes the best glazed almond sugar cookies in the world. I literally have dreams about the deliciousness and served platters of them on our dessert table at our wedding, at my graduation party, and really on any occasion I get the chance.

After a few experiments, I have found the identical recipe...HEAVEN!!! I actually don't know if the recipe is identical, but the taste is, and what's even better is I can make them in any shape and color I want, and I can make as many as I want without spending a fortune! ($1.50 a cookie at uppercrust) I made a big easter batch and yah, they lasted approximately 1 day.

Photobucket

Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 - 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp almond flavoring

Cream the butter and sugar together and then blend in the egg and almond flavoring. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and gradually add to the mixture until completely mixed in.

Separate the dough into 3 parts, wrap in saran wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Remove the dough and allow to soften until just soft enough that you can roll it out.

Photobucket

Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter.

Photobucket

Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet, or ideally a silpat, and bake at 375 for exactly 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely to room temperature on wire racks.

Photobucket

When they are completely cool, you can ice them.

Icing
2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
2-3 tablespoons Water
1 1/2 tsp almond flavoring

Mix the confectioners sugar with just enough water to smooth easily onto the cookies using a butter knife, leaving about 1/8 inch of the cookie edge.

Photobucket

Let the icing dry overnight in airtight container before adding decorative icing or sprinkles etc.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment