HIghchair DIY update

I finished Leighton's antique highchair re-vamp for her first birthday!

It was a really easy DIY project. I just sanded it down to remove any gloass finish that was left so that the paint would stick. Using a sponge brush I painted on a couple thin coats of the paint. It is the Glidden brand in "sweet corn" color. I think the result turns out a lot better with a sponge brush because it doesn't leave any brush marks, and doing a few thin coats, letting it dry a full 24 hours between each coat, rather than 1 or 2 thick coats keeps it from clumping and leaving drop marks. Once I was finished with the color, I finished with a top coat of a Polycrylic finishing coat in a glossy finish. Perfect!

Here is the before...

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

during...

IMG_2668

with a little helper...

IMG_2667

and here is the after!

IMG_2686

IMG_2688

Clearly I went with yellow and I love it!

Someone also worked in a little playtime with dad while mom worked

IMG_2681

No comments:

Post a Comment