decaf morning pick-me-up

Since I'm currently off the caffeine, I had to find a morning drink to start my day as I get to work. I suppose I could get decaf coffee, but I'm not addicted to the flavor as much as the caffeine fix, and I like smoothies for breakfast, but it really is so nice though to start your day with a hot drink.

Lately I've been making myself a steamed frothy vanilla almond milk. Obsessed!!! I just pour a cup into a small sauce pan over medium heat while stirring so it doesn't scald, and use my immersion blender to froth it up. It's the perfect start to my morning, and I don't even miss the caffeine. Well, I'm telling myself that anyway.

Photobucket

Ooooh, and this week, I got to enjoy my steamed milk with fresh biscotti my mom brought back from Monaco. WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment