the detox

A few weeks ago I decided it was time for a system cleanse/detox. It just seemed like I had been having way too many girls nights out and other events during the week nights, i.e. too much wine, appetizers, and restaurant foods, and I was feeling unhealthy and unproductive. So, no more caffeine, alcohol, artificial substances, and limited to no sugar and empty calorie foods. I'm drinking tons and tons of water (with added fresh squeezed lemon juice), some almond milk, and orange juice...no coffee, coke, crystal light (or other artificial sugar drinks), caffeinated teas, alcohol, or sugary juices. I'm eating mostly vegetables and legumes, and whole grains (which admittedly is not much different than my diet before) and keeping heavy meats and white foods/starches at a very minimum.

AND....it feels AMAZING! Sometimes your body just needs a good cleanse, and when your system is clean and detoxified, you start to feel great, look great, and have more energy. I highly recommend a little system detox to kick off the summer for a fresh and healthy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment