Half Way There!

Today I am 20 weeks, i.e. half way to our December 12 due date. It has been going by so fast! I'm sure mostly due to my crazy work schedule and having something going on pretty much every weekend since March. I just hope the second half goes by as fast so we can have our little one here.

Photobucket

So what happens by 20 weeks? Well, she is 10 1/2 inches long now (head to toe) and weighs about 10 ounces. Her limbs are now in proportion to her head, so we have less of a bobblehead now, and she's basically just a miniature version of her newborn self. She has started getting eyelashes and mini teeth buds have formed. And most interestingly, she is kicking up a storm! I felt her for the first time about 10 days ago. It was like little bubbles or taps on the inside of my belly, and it was AMAZING. I can't even describe how I felt when I felt her for the first time. I was laying in bed, about to go to sleep and I just was like, OH, I think I just felt her! And then she did it again, so I knew for sure. Every day I have been feeling her a little more often and a little stronger than before.

But, what's better than feeling her kick me for the first time? When her daddy got to feel her for the first time! I was so anxious for him to be able to feel her too and I kept telling Drew to put his hand here and try to feel her, but he just wasn't able to feel her over the last week or so. Then finally yesterday at the pool she gave me two pretty powerful nudges, so I grabbed him and said be still, she's right here, and within a couple minutes he felt her twice!! It really is the coolest feeling in the world. I know it only gets better and there's so much more to experience, but for a first time mom, I can't even imagine all that is to come. I'm still completely excited and obsessed with every little kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment