24 Week Update

For those who were asking for a bump picture, here you go.

Photobucket

I haven't really popped yet, but I read that sometimes it can be well into the 5th and 6th month with your first baby, and our doctor says she's on track in size and weight. She's definitely in there, though, and kicking away. In fact she kept me up all night last night with her kicking. I kind of wonder what she's thinking. Does she want out? Is she hungry? Is she playing? Is she just trying to say hi?

So, she is officially Leighton (pronounced Lay-ton) Jane Clark! Jane for my mom and Leighton because we both really fell in love with it. Clark because well...

Her nursery is almost complete. The walls in the main room are a light pink (Behr Strawberry Cheesecake). It's a very pale pink, so it's not overpowering or too bright. The bathroom is a soft green (Behr Water Spout). She has her very own pink towels with her light green monogram. They are beyond precious. Thanks mom!

We picked out her bedding, but I haven't ordered it yet. I went ahead and registered for it, but I don't know if I can wait that long!! I'm ready to finish her room. It is a really pretty paisley print with coordinating green polka dots. I have the swatch of the paisley and it's really beautiful in person. Not too bright, not too muted, and I randomly found some baskets with the matching paisley fabric liners for her book case at TJ maxx. Score!

Photobucket

I have a few things for the walls, but I'm still deciding exactly where and how I want to hang them, so once I get all that accomplished, I will have pictures!

Her closet is filling up with beautiful smocked dresses that her "Mi" (my mom) has been finding for her. She is definitely going to be a very southern little girl! My sister and I have also been hard at work making her tons and tons of bows with all of our old ribbons from high school. It's been a fun little side project in the evenings.

And just for Drew, she has her very first Gator cheerleading outfit in size 12 months, so hopefully she'll fit into it in time for the 2012 football season.

Things are moving right along! 15 Weeks till Due Date!! Hard to believe!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my everything(including YOU!) is so lovely.
    The nursery looks like it is right out of a decorator magazine. LOVE the colors! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE smocked dresses and bows for little girls.I know your Southern mom ("Mi") is having so much fun shopping for Leighton Jane. What a beautiful name!!!She will be one special little girl. Can't wait to meet her !

    ReplyDelete