How to Cook Like A Top Chef

One of my favorite parts of my week is watching Top Chef on Bravo on Wednesday nights with Drew, endlessly googling every cooking technique they mention that I've never heard before, dissecting their dishes, and discussing the chefs and their creations with my best friend the next morning. She's an amazing cook and we can talk forever about the show and our favorite chefs and what we'd like to make at home. So yesterday I was christmas shopping in a little boutique by my house and I discovered this newly published book, "How to Cook Like a Top Chef."

41jqg-XO7KL

I spent a very good 30 minutes skimming through the book, and I loved it, but didn't come home with it (what a good christmas shopper I am)! I know these books can be hokie sometimes, but I really liked that it included recipes from all six seasons of the show and Top Chef Masters, with a major focus on technique. There were sections featuring knife skills, sauces, plating and sous-vide, and little sidebar demonstrations and explanations by the chefs and judges.

I love that in addition to including some original recipes from contestants that I can remember them making over the past seasons, it also contains behind-the-scenes interviews, trivia, and tons of tips and tricks from my favorite chefs (ahem Carla, Wylie Dufresne and Eric Ripert)

No comments:

Post a Comment