It's a Wonderful Life

wings


Tonight I went to see our local playhouse's production of It's a Wonderful Life. It is one of my favorite movies, and the play was a one-man production. The actor who starred in the play was incredible, and I enjoyed it so much.

Of course the main theme of the movie/play is that when the main character, George (Jimmy Stewart) is at the lowest point in his life, his guardian angel, Clarence, shows him all the lives he has touched and the contributions he has made to his community. In the end, his friends all come together to help him and he discovers that it is indeed a Wonderful Life.

George finds a gift from his guardian angel (Clarence), an edition of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer with an inscription from Clarence that reads, "Dear George, Remember no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings, Love, Clarence.

I was especially touched tonight by this sentiment, and as if the actor knew what I was thinking, he handed me a copy of Tom Sawyer with that quote written in the front and signed by him, which I will keep and treasure for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment