Under the Weather

My poor hubby bear has been under the weather for the past couple days and with a sore throat, what else would do but a warm bowl of soup. I had some veggies I needed to use up, so I made a chicken and white bean soup with a bunch of different veggies and a little heat to clear the sinuses.

IMG_4829


It was very simple:
Boil chicken breast in water or chicken broth until cooked through and tender. Add some spices to the broth - I added 2 sprigs of rosemary, tsp of thyme, salt and pepper, and some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning for that heat I was talking about.

Remove the chicken and shred/chop it. I don't like it completely shredded and I don't like perfect little cubes, so I kind of go with the Schrop for good bite size pieces.
Reduce to a rolling simmer and add in the vegetables, with longest cooking time first.

I added:
fresh green beans
fresh okra
frozen corn kernels
fresh diced tomatoes
can of beans (I used garbanzos tonight but used white northern beans last time)

Lightly simmer until you're ready. Adjust all ratios based on how you want your soup, brothy, hearty, meaty, etc.

It definitely made my man feel better and was great for this 32 degree weather that just snuck in on us! BRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment