Janie's Broccoli

I just wanted to share the beautiful homegrown broccoli that Drew and I enjoyed with dinner last night. My mom has a beautiful garden in their backyard and while she's always been great with plants and flowers, this last couple seasons she's tried her hand at growing vegetables for me. I think she inherited her Daddy's green thumb, because she has been turning out some beautiful tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, zucchini, and butternut squash. Yesterday she gave me some freshly picked broccoli (which looks more like broccolini to me) and it was so flavorful! I ate a few pieces raw and then steamed the rest for our dinner. There is nothing like eating fresh veggies grown by your one and only mommy.

IMG_7056

My green thumb needs some work, as basil lasts about 1 week in my house.

1 comment: