Oreo Cheesecake for the Lil Ali

I love it when my little sister comes home from college for the weekend. It usually entails a sleepover at our house, publix subs with the parents, ordering blue highway, and some will ferrell movie.
IMG_6721

This weekend she came home and we had tickets to the big Florida/Kentucky basketball game Saturday night, so we decided to do dinner before the game and she was supposed to pick. Not sure what is always going on in this little one's head, but she was deciding our dinner location based on who had the best cheesecake...um I don't even know who HAS cheesecake in Gainesville, let alone the best, so I decided we're eating in at my house and I'm making her her very own very special favorite oreo cheesecake. Best sister ever? maybe...but at least I won this Saturday.

IMG_6763

Oreo Cheesecake
1 pack oreo cookies or publix brand chocolate cream cookies
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese (I used 2 light and 1 regular)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream (can use lite)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cool whip and additional cookies for garnish

Bring sour cream and cream cheese to room temperature before mixing.

For the crust, crush 20-25 oreos in a food processor and combine with the melted butter to form bottom crust.

IMG_6725

Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. Cool in freezer while preparing the filling.

IMG_6731


Beat cream cheese and sugar together in mixer set on medium until creamy. Add eggs in one at a time until mixed in. Add sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend.

IMG_6733

Coarsely chop remaining oreos and fold into the blended batter. Pour mixture into crust in baking pan and smooth evenly.

IMG_6737

Bake in a 350° F oven for 50-60 minutes or until firmly set. I recommend cooking in a water bath to achieve a texture close to restaurant quality. The water keeps the cake moist as it cooks and prevents it from cracking.

IMG_6769

Cool for 15 minutes and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove and serve garnished with whipped cream and half an oreo.

Next task on my list - figuring out how to remove the calories from cheesecake prior to devouring. hmmmm
IMG_6767

MOMMMM! Please can I have an oreo!?!!

IMG_6825

This is what I deal with in the kitchen...how can I resist those faces?!

IMG_6822

No comments:

Post a Comment