Running...protect your assets!

I love to run. I love running with my girlfriends for a daily catch up. I love running by myself with my ipod listening to my favorite songs. I love running to stay fit. I love running to pound out stresses. I am so happy that I found running as an outlet, a hobby, and an enjoyable fitness past-time. My mom, however, has forever hated that I run. Ever since I started running and up until age 25, she constantly told me that running would ruin my knees. Then...I got married and turned 26. Now, mom couldn't care less about my knees, but is convinced running will ruin my uterus, and is happy I "got the marathon out of my system." Do you think she's trying to tell me something??? No babies yet, but I did my due diligence and researched the effects of running on fertility and uterine issues, and I am happy to report that mom has nothing to worry about. Running has NO effect on fertility and will not make your uterus fall out! YAY! I'm in the clear! It turns out that the long distance runners that have fertility issues are usually severely underweight and their fertility issues are caused by not ovulating, not uterine prolapse. So momma, don't worry! I can run and keep my uterus healthy for future grand-babies. On to marathon number 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment