Bringing in December

I have been slightly out of commission these last few days since Thanksgiving, but only because we have been so busy having too much fun. Thanksgiving Day was one of the best Thanksgivings I can remember. Alexis was here from Savannah, and we woke up early and joined some of my runner girls for a 10 mile pre-thanksgiving meal calorie burning run. After the run we got ready and went over to Drew's parents to finish getting all of the food ready and help prepare the house. My family came over later that afternoon with both of my sisters and my niece, and we just spent the entire afternoon being together, laughing, telling stories, and of course, eating. Friday and Saturday were spent watching football with the fam (an amazing Auburn-Alabama game for my Auburn family) and a disgraceful/embarrassing Florida-Florida State game for my gator nation. Sunday we saw "Love and Other Drugs," which was just okay, and Sunday night I made a delicious pasta dinner. This pasta dish just stepped up to top 5 on my list. Will post very soon.

thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Family Photo


This thanksgiving made me thankful for many things, but the big one that has just consumed my thoughts these last few days is my friendships. After going home Thanksgiving evening, Alexis and I stayed up for a good few hours catching up and reflecting over all that has happened in the past year with our group of freshmen year college friends. Our group has had so many big things happen, and we've had quite a few reunions to reconnect and remember how much fun we have together. It seems like every single one of us has had some major life changes in the last year, which is very interesting to me. Either we're all in-sync as friends or we're all in that 27th year of our lives when we transition into adulthood (remember the Saturn I just learned about?). We've had weddings, medical school residencies, moves back to the US from overseas, a return to med school in New Orleans, an MBA, multiple job changes, moves across the country, new pets, new boyfriends,...just tons of changes going on, and we've all been able to see each other and support these big events in all our lives.

Not all of us have been able to make every event, but we try and we usually only miss 1 or 2. Here were some of the Washu girls that made it to my rehearsal dinner (minus Tara and Pri for med school reasons)
10 of us

and here's most of us at Audrey's rehearsal dinner in Bermuda (Pri and Tara made this one)

hurd

I have realized how lucky we are to have each other and to have stayed so close over the last five years. It has meant so much to me this past year to experience real friendships with people who truly care about what is happening in your life and are excited for your highs and supportive in your lows. True friends are hard to come by, and I am so grateful for the relationships I cultivated with my friends at WashU, that we have stayed in constant touch, and that I can say without a doubt, we will be friends for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment