Pumpkin Pie

I promised a pumpkin pie recipe for my law girls so here it is. A little variation on the Libby's famous pie recipe, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with that one. Pumpkin pie isn't my favorite dessert at thanksgiving, and I almost wasn't going to make it, but the peanut gallery wasn't having that. I guess it's not thanksgiving if you don't serve a pumpkin pie, and I did have a second pie crust to use, so I sure hope everyone likes it!

IMG_4589

I also used my new pumpkin pie spice instead of the spices in the recipe since they make up the pumpkin pie spice.

Pie Filling
1-15 ounce can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust (see crust recipe from before)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until well combined.

IMG_4562

I'm so obsessed with the orange mushy pumpkin. Kind of reminds me of baby food.

Add eggs, evaporated milk, and heavy cream and mix everything until completely smooth (about 3 minutes in the KitchenAid on medium speed).

IMG_4566

Pour pie filling into chilled pie shell.

IMG_4570

Let it settle so all the bubbles rise to the top and then set in center rack of the preheated oven.

IMG_4577

Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 400, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 50-55 minutes until the center of the pie does not jiggle.

Cool the pie at room temperature, and then chill it in the refrigerator before serving.

IMG_4577

No comments:

Post a Comment