girls night flatbreads

A few of us girls love to meet at BJ's for happy hour and we always order their flatbreads, so when we had a girls night in a few weeks ago, I decided to bring the flatbreads to girls-night. I did a chicken pesto and a caramelized onion with figs and goat cheese, only I couldn't find any figs, so I substituted some roasted pears, since they're in season. It was tasty, but I want to do it again with figs. I'll find some I hope. I do live in Gainesville, so no guarantees.

I used some frozen pizza crust dough I had saved from pizza night, halved it and spread it into long rustic rectangles. I pre-baked for 6 minutes to get it crunchy.

For the pear and goat cheese flatbread, I started with caramelized onions.

Put 1 tbsl olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a pan, add thinly sliced onion, cover and let cook until caramelized and brown 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.

IMG_2234

Then spread all over one of your pre-baked crusts.

IMG_2239


Spread pesto, pre-made or homemade over the second crust.

IMG_2248

To the pesto pizza, add cut up grilled chicken, sliced tomato, sundried tomato, sliced red onion, and basil chiffonade.

IMG_2259

To the caramelized onion, I added the roasted pears and goat cheese hunks.

Bake for 8 minutes at 375.
Course I deleted the final product picture! Sorry! Will have to make again I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment