Dinner Tonight...Big Colorful Scrumption Asian Salad

And lunch Friday - Sunday

While the cat's away the mice will play...or while the husband's away the wifey will play with her food! Drew's gone for 4 days in Vegas for an ortho conference...yah, not feeling too bad for him. I'm sad he's missing out on a fun wedding Saturday and cheering me on at my half marathon, but he'll have a great time with his residents and playing in vegas for his first time there. Luckily we already know we're both going back September 24 for one of my best friends' wedding!!

Tonight I'm making my absolutely favorite huge colorful sweet asian salad with tofu, chicken and sesame ginger dressing. This should get me through a few lunches and dinners.

IMG_1972

The Players
Lots and lots of colorful vegetables: Green Romaine or Green Napa Cabbage or both
IMG_1947

Purple Cabbage
IMG_1950

Spinach
spinach

Red, Yellow, Orange and Green Peppers
bell-peppers-oh-gallery-x1

Red Onion
RedOnionSlice

Green Onions
scallion1

Bean Sprouts
sprouts

Cilantro.
cilantro

I might add a little noodles for some pre-race carbs. Oh and carrots! I forgot shaved carrots! you can add that too

Chop it all up and throw it in your favorite large salad bowl (bamboo tonight, it is asian salad after all) and then whisk up some dressing.
IMG_1955

And for the dressing, minced ginger, garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, sugar (brown or white), cilantro, and soy sauce.
Mince the ginger, garlic, and cilantro and whisk it in a little bowl.

IMG_1962

Throw in some grilled chicken and tofu or shrimp for some protein.
IMG_1978


Oh me oh my.

These were my proportions, but honestly, I just play with it until I get the right flavor I'm looking for. Mess with your oil and vinegar and soy combo until it's just right. And add as many varieties of veggies float your boat in the salad!

salad
½ head romaine &/or napa cabbage
½ head purple Cabbage
½ bag spinach leaves
1/2 red onion
1 whole yellow pepper, green pepper, red pepper and orange pepper
1 cup bean sprouts
big bunch of chopped cilantro
4 whole green onions sliced
2 Cucumbers
Sesame Ginger Dressing
1 lime, squeezed for juice
2 tbl olive oil
6 tbl soy sauce
2 tbl rice vinegar
2-3 tablespoons Sesame Oil
3 tbl brown sugar
2 tbl chopped ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 whole chopped jalapeno (seed discretion necessary)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment