Such a busy weekend!

I don't think I even sat down at my computer once this weekend! Friday I went straight from work to church for rehearsal for the wedding I was playing on Saturday, and after the rehearsal, I went to the rehearsal dinner for a little while. It was a lot of fun celebrating with everyone and some of my closest family friends were there. I drank a ton of water, ate some carbs and left early to get to bed for my 5:45am wake up call for the hawthorne trail half marathon Saturday morning. Unfortunately for me, Friday night was MISERABLE! I got a new pillow which I thought would help me sleep better (I haven't been sleeping well lately), and it probably would have, if some hoodlums hadn't decided that it was appropriate to party at my pool at 3:30 in the morning, forcing me to finally go out there in the 37 degree weather to ask them, *politely*, to leave. I finally fall asleep again around 4:30 to be woken up again at 5 by my dog throwing up all over my bed. Ugh. I put on my running clothes, dropped the dogs at my parents, and left the mess to be cleaned up post-run.

The run was great, though! Met my 2 buddies and we drove over to the trail for our FREEZING run. My hands and feet were numb pretty much the whole time, because the trail is completely shaded. Despite the cold, we had a great run, talked the whole way and got Saturday off to a good start. I rushed home to clean up the mess, and then went to my parents' house to eat lunch with the fam and my little sister and her friend who were in town. After lunch I had to hurry to get ready for the wedding and Saturday afternoon and night we spent at the beautiful wedding with all our family and friends.

Sunday I had to do some work in the am, and after church one of my bests came over for lunch and catching up. I went to dinner at Drew's parents and came home and went to bed. I was just so exhausted from this weekend and no sleep on Friday. The extra hour helped a bit, but I am hoping after tonight I'll get truly caught up.

I did get to macy's to take advantage of a 20% off registry completion, and scored a pretty new cake-stand, a pasta roller for my kitchen-aid, and another pillow for Drew. Excited to make some homemade pasta!

Drew got home last night at 2am so I haven't really gotten to see him yet or hear about his vegas trip, so I'm looking forward to getting home tonight for a yummy dinner with my hubs.

I didn't do any cooking this weekend at all!!! But before Drew left we had fajita night, so here's my amazing specialty salsa that I whipped up.

My favorite quick and easy salsa
1 28oz can whole tomatoes
2 cans rotel (diced tomatoes with chile peppers)
1 white onion diced
2 cloves garlic
lime juice
1 tbl cumin
handful chopped cilantro
1 whole jalapeno - remove seeds for more mild heat

throw all three cans of tomatoes into a food processor...and the chopped garlic
IMG_2327

add in the chopped onion
IMG_2328

then chop up some jalapeno and throw that in there too
IMG_2330

I left in all the seeds. it was hot.
IMG_2336

squeeze in some lime juice
IMG_2342>

sprinkle in some cumin - adjust to your taste, and I like a lot
IMG_2345

last toss in the chopped cilantro, or leave out if you think cilantro tastes soapy (i love it)
IMG_2346

Pulse a few times to your desired consistency. I pulsed 8-10 times.
IMG_2348

That's it! Note, that this made a lot of salsa. I recommend halving the ingredients if you don't drink your salsa like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment