Lobster Raviolis and Lobster Sherry Cream Sauce

I love lobster ravioli so much it makes my stomach growl just thinking about it.
I used store-bought lobster ravs, which were actually pretty good considering I didn’t make them myself, but made my own sauce using lobster stock, sherry and cream.

1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup sherry
1 cup cream or 1/2 and 1/2
1 lb scallops
2 tbl butter
2 tbl flour or cornstarch
olive oil
lobster ravioli

Saute onion and garlic in oil until translucent, then add in the sherry and simmer until alcohol cooks off.

Photobucket

Now add two tablespoons of tomato purée while the onions are still sizzling. The tomato will caramelize a bit, getting a little brown coloring, and the flavor changes from tomato to a sweet and complex aroma, a term the French call pince.

Photobucket

Now add 1 cup of the lobster stock and rapidly simmer on medium heat until it reduces to 1/3 its original volume.

Photobucket

Now pour in 1 cup cream or half and half, and add 2 tablespoons roux to thicken (roux is 2 tablespoons heated butter mixed with 2 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch) and simmer about 8 minutes to continue thickening the sauce. It should be a beautiful pinkish orange shade at this point.

Photobucket


Photobucket

While your sauce is simmering, sauté some scallops in olive oil and boil the lobster ravioli.

Photobucket

Pour the sauce over your ravioli topped with browned scallops and top with some fresh grated parmigiana. I served with roasted asparagus which was amazing, but I think blanching some asparagus or peas and adding it to the pasta would be delicious also.

Photobucket


Hope you enjoy! Would love to hear some tips, comments and suggestions if you have some!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a zombie post, but I just found it. Where's the lobster stock in the ingredients list? How much?

    ReplyDelete