26.2

Time to break out the pink running gear! I just registered for 26.2 with Donna, the National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer in Jacksonville Beach on February 13, 2011.
donna logo

The race begins near the Mayo Clinic Campus in Jacksonville, Florida and follows the course through the unique beach communities of Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach with a detour onto 2.5 miles of beautiful hard-packed sand on the Florida coastline.

That means I have 17 weeks to train so I better get on it! I have the Ragnar Relay coming up on November 19-20 with 9 other girls where we run from St. Pete to Daytona Beach. We each run 3 times and it should take us about 26 hrs. That'll definitely be a good training race!

pnkblck_shorts_front_450

Excited to run my first full marathon with some great friends and for a great cause. Registration was $100 and 100% goes straight to breast cancer. I'd love to raise more money to donate on race day, so if anyone wants to sponsor me and/or our running team, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment