The Best and Easiest Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Anyone who knows me knows my love for "Spin-Dip." I try to order it wherever I go no matter who I'm with, if they'll let me. I love bringing it to tailgates and girls' nights or any other gathering as it's always a hit and it's the perfect way to get your veggies in right?!

Here's my favorite recipe. Quick, easy to make, easy to remember, hard not stop eating.

1 package frozen spinach thawed
1 jar artichoke hearts
8 oz. lite cream cheese
8 oz. lite sour cream
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (Italian cheese blend is good too)
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tbl. olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat until tender and translucent. Add ingredients in this order: Spinach, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, MJ Cheese, Artichokes, crushed red pepper flakes. Warm until bubbling. Serve with toasted pita bread.

IMG_3271

Sometimes you just can't substitute low fat, but here, you definitely can and no one will know the difference, and after you've eaten the entire pot, you don't have to feel so guilty.

I definitely recommend a long run the next day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment