Saturn Return

My best friend BC and I have birthdays that are 6 days apart. We both turn 27 this year, which she reminded me is coming up quickly when she asked me today, "Are you excited to turn 27?!?! It's the Saturn Return!!!"
I confessed to her I hadn't really thought about it, and I had to google "Saturn Return." Turns out, this birthday is a big deal, and I am excited!

saturn

Here's what I learned from wikipedia. The Saturn Return is a phenomenon that occurs at the ages of 27-30, 58-60, 86-88, coinciding with the time it takes the planet Saturn orbit the sun. Astrologers believe that as Saturn "returns" to the degree occupied at the time of birth, a person crosses over a major threshold and into the next stage of life. With the first Saturn Return, a person leaves youth behind and enters adulthood. With the second Return, maturity. And the third and usually final Return, a person enters wise old age.

The first Saturn Return represents the first test of character and the structures a person has built their life upon, goals are consolidated and people tend to gain a better vision of where they are going in life. There are added responsibilities and a person may reap the rewards from his or her hard work. Many major life milestones seem to happen around the ages of 29 and 30. This is why astrologers believe that the thirtieth birthday is such a major rite of passage because it marks the true beginning of adulthood, self-evaluation, independence, ambition, and self-actualization.

After reading about the Saturn Return and thinking about all the changes and transitions coming up in the new year, and the new things that I'm looking forward to next year, I'm definitely pumped for the Saturn Return! Starting a new job, our honeymoon trip, celebrating our 1st anniversary and settling into family life, making new friends as old ones leave, finally feeling settled with money and jobs and residency, finally letting go of worries and stresses and poisonous relationships. Here's to leaving youth behind and entering adulthood full steam ahead! (in 4 weeks)

1 comment:

  1. Yes! So perfect. In preparation, try a 30 day sadhana (dedicated practice or prayer). It can be anything. I'm welcoming my Saturn Return with 30 days of writing my prayers down and saying the Lakshmi chant to welcome abundance into my life. Saturn better be ready for me!!! - BC

    ReplyDelete