Weekend

I didn't update any this weekend! Bad langley bad! But this weekend was full of fun activities and I just haven't had the chance to catch up, plus I left my Mac at the office over the weekend and that's probably a necessity to uploading some cooking pictures and writing a few posts.
Saturday morning I went on my long run from our house to downtown Gainesville where I met up with Team Clark for the breast cancer walk. It was a great turn out and the weather was perfect. After the walk we went to our traditional post walk brunch at the 43rd street deli. It's a definite Gainesville staple for some great brunch.
We then went to my parents house to watch the Auburn-LSU game with my parents who are big Auburn fans. Tigers win and it was fun hanging out with them and the pups all afternoon. After the game we came home and made some homemade pizzas, which I'll put up shortly. I've been trying to perfect a thin and crispy crust, and this was pretty close. We made two mini pizzas so we could try some different topping combos.

Sunday I did some work early in the morning and went on a run with my favorite LC. There were no church services since it was Faith in Action Sunday. Sunday afternoon my favorite cellist came over to practice for the Tapas and Tasting event we were playing at 4. I love playing with my Jules! We always have a lot of fun together and never leave without planning our next date. Looking forward to a girls night at do-art in the near future!

The Tapas and Tasting event was great! I wasn't sure what the actual event was for, but everyone brought some really fantastic dishes to share and they had a wine expert give a little lesson on wines and everyone got to taste a few. I got some good ideas for tapas I want to try, corn fritters with an asian/peanut butter type sauce, spinach and feta purses, hummus with yogurt, mango and pomegranate salsa, red pepper polenta, asian stuffed wontons and caramel cake. Definitely will be making some of these in the near future.

As for tonight, I'm making a french dish for dinner inspired by Drew and my favorite french restaurant in NYC, Balthazar.

102902591_49de5d149c

We went there for dinner and breakfast when we were in the city last because it was so amazing. I bought him the cookbook as a present from my last trip to NYC and promised it was a gift that would keep on giving because I'd try a lot of the recipes.

balthazar

Can't decide what to make yet. I'd love to make the skate dish that I had there, but I can't find skate in gainesville, go figure. I'll post my final decision tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment