fall flare

Unfortunately the fall weather has left us and it's back in the 80's again. But that doesn't have to keep us out of the fall spirit. I have my pumpkin spice and cranberry cinnamon candles burning and I'm doing a little fall decorating. I don't like to go overboard and I definitely like to keep it classy and understated. Here are some of my ideas for halloween and thanksgiving.

mini pumpkins

I found this festive decoration from Paula Deen, the lady of the south.

Candy Corn Centerpiece
candy corn

Here's what you need:
A clear jar, vase or some sort of container.
A small interior container to hold the water and flowers, such as a small water glass
Enough candy corn to fill the sides of your container. About 2 medium bags.
A variety of fall flowers, leaves and berries.

Partially fill the bottom of the large jar with enough candy corn to sit the interior container inside with both container tops even. Place the smaller glass inside the outer container and hold in place. Gently pour the remaining candy around the sides to fill the inside wall of the container. Fill the inner glass about half full of water and arrange your flowers.

pumpkin centerpiece

I picked up a bunch of mini pumpkins at fresh market today, along with some scented pinecones and some wheat bundles. I love the natural look for bringing the holidays into your life.

wheat

I put bunch of the mini-pumpkins and some walnuts with the pinecones in a silver serving dish on our dining table. Looks good and smells great.

berries and nuts

I can't wait to do cranberries and ivy for christmas, and to light my christmas tree candle!

No comments:

Post a Comment