more pumpkin goodness

My great friend lindsay requested some pumpkin cookies with white chocolate chips, so who am I to say no to that request? She has a big final trial coming up in law school, so I made a batch just for her to bring her good luck and to satisfy her craving, and wooooo they are scrumptious!
They're more cakey than chewy cookie texture and the white chocolate and pecans (if you use them) are the perfect flavor compliment to the pumpkin spice.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
2 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup butter
1 ½ cup dark brown sugar – can reduce to 1 cup if too sweet
1 cup pumpkin
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
12 ounces white chocolate chips
½ cup pecan halves (optional)

Beat the butter and sugar, add the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and beat till smooth.

IMG_3524


Mix the dry ingredients and gradually add to the mixer and incorporate. Stir in the white chocolate chips and nuts.

IMG_3533

Spoon onto your silipat and bake at 300 for 20-22 minutes.

IMG_3565

Let cool and enjoy with some coolwhip.


Meet my brown sugar bear. Drew's mom got it for me to keep my brown sugar moist and to avoid clumping. It's so amazing and really cute too.
IMG_3517

1 comment:

  1. I shared these with my friend, Cindy, and she just asked me if I could ask you to make some more! They are so good! I am going to take a shot at making them this weekend, along with a recipe I saw on Paula Deen's website for pumpkin-filled chocolate cupcakes. I will let you know how the cupcakes turn out. ~the other LC

    ReplyDelete